Wednesday, December 10, 2014

An elegy to Jeremy




What a day, the puppet has caused.
What a storm, the puppet has caused.

Jeremy lays dead, line wrapped around his body.
He now views his life, disembodied
A life wasted, a franchise destroyed, the puppet’s laugh
You got what you wanted. You killed the staff.

But poor Jeremy, all he did was get a job,
To pay for college, a blue bike, and books. Now he sobs.
He came from abusive parents, abusive siblings, and abusive life.
Now his death causes so much strife.

As the chef of Freddy Fazbear’s, I speak with the animatronics all the time.
The puppet terrifies them, and with his crime
Now many of them will be scrapped.
At word of this, even sweet little toy Chica Snapped.

Oh Jeremy, why did you have to die?
Without even saying goodbye.
You will be missed, poor Jeremy.
Oh, how I wished you were to flee.

But no, you were always a brave man, in the face of danger.
Staying at this horrible job, hiding from these strangers.
What kind of life you’ve led to end here.
At least you know we cared, based on these tears.

You left us, sweet prince.
I have been alone, since.
I took over your job, I hope you don’t mind.
Though I learned that I was always blind.

To the danger you faced every night.
This is no easy sight.
I wish you luck, you brave man.
I hope I see you again.

I hope you have peace, joy, and that blue bike.
Signed sincerely, your friend, Mike.


No comments:

Post a Comment