Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday, October 6 - Persona Poem



As the bombs fell and the French blues and reds turned white
I lay in London, wondering the outcome of this fight.

With my Old Crow in my hand, I lay there drinking
And all I can do, in my drunken stupor, is thinking.

My ethics and morals surpass most isolationists
And, in particular, one bad Austrian artist.

June 22, 1940 is the day my friends falls
And though my brethren silently remain appalled

I carry on his wishes, in the skies of London
I can’t join, I wish I could, but I’m sadly drunken.

I don’t know if I’m just some British BTO
But I can’t sit and watch my men get blown out of the sky, although

What can I do? I’m just a simple politician getting bombed by the Nazis
These Brit boys are true men, not some soldier copies

And they will carry Britain’s wishes. They will succeed in their personal missions.

3 comments:

  1. I like your use of Slant Rhyme. I love the references.

    you should show the name of the person you are in this story so it's more understandable.

    Anyway, Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, is this Winston Churchill, or the prime minister before him? I'm not quite sure, except the fact that he's a British dude. Nice rhyming scheme though, you did a good job with that.

    Oh, and just because you seem to ask that a lot, I am saying you like dudes.

    ReplyDelete